Friday, October 18, 2019

Mind game


PHOTO PROMPT © Rochelle Wisoff-Fields

"I can't tell if my mind is playing tricks with me. What if what I think I want is just my mind telling me because it is cooler than what I really want? "

"Like how?"

"Like I want to grow up the corporate ladder. I see women bosses with their own cabins and I desire that. What if I am chasing something that I never really wanted?"

"You know, people have all these questions. But they never stop to listen. The universe always answers. You gotta stop posing more questions."

The stores began to close but not their conversations.





4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you have to stop and feel your gut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Samra,

    She'll never know until she tries. Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'd wait on the universe for an answer, best to make the decision on her own. Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compelling dialogue in your story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...