Sunday, September 11, 2016

Be the hero of your story



You may not control all the events that happen to you. But you may choose to NOT be reduced by them. Above all, be the HERO of your life, not a victim. 

After all, its your story. Your movie.



Answers come in unexpected ways. Two years ago, sometime around this time, when I was struggling to come to terms with my life and what was happening and why it was happening, I chanced upon this quote on facebook.

Until then, I was playing the dual role of a villain and a victim. Villain because I was screwing more things up. And victim because "I" was getting affected. I let the events take control of my life. Of how I felt, of how I woke up each day, of how the day unfolded for me. 

It changed my whole perspective. My attitude towards the situation took a dramatic shift. I suddenly felt more in control of myself. 


This week, take charge of your life. If things are going south, go that extra mile, get that shift in perspective, push yourself harder, and be a hero.



4 comments:

  1. Inspiring post Sampada. This is something we all need. Our life is all about the way we choose to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring! And something that I am doing now for my health :) Thanks for firming that belief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we have all been there but many of us wait endlessly for someone to come and 'give' us the lead role in our own lives. It is rather unfortunate many of us (dont beat me but personally feel that this is particularly true for women) dont have the vision to realize that nobody can 'give' it to us. We have to take charge. Once we realize that, implementation is not such a big deal :) A lesson that we need to be reminded of often. Good to see you back here Sampada :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...