Thursday, May 31, 2012

Post-marriage battles

Many things change after marriage.There are many things that you start doing for the first time..and there are many things that you do for the last time.

I cleaned my bathroom for the first time yesterday.Armed with a broomstick , I swished and swashed around the tiny room until every tiny speck of dust, hair, mosquitoes, and stains vanished. I proudly patted myself and announced my accomplishment at the dinner party hosted by my parents that night.
The next morning, I could see everything promptly in place.. the dust ..the hair..the mosquitoes.

My wardrobe used to be a pile of clothes that came tumbling down as soon as you open the door.But now, its a neatly folded pile.I am arranging my closet every week. I am losing my traits boohoo !

The only thing I did for the first few weeks of marriage - get our lunch boxes ready in the morning , and wash them clean in the evening because the maid doesnt make an entry until after 9 am. And  make our bed.  I did these 3 things religiously,sincerely because winning over my sasu ma was my only goal . (As if she would with just these 3 petty tasks)

My mom-in-law is an early riser and a busy woman.When she doesnt have enough work to do..she creates it ( thats what my sis-in-law says :D ) and gets herself busy.I wake up with the cooker whistling at 6:15 am.And by the time I take bath, get ready and step out of the bedroom , which is usually at 7, breakfast and lunch would be ready on the table.I meekly smile at her..sheepishly ask if there is anythingleft for me to do for which she replies a NO with a broad smile. Highly disappointed by my performance, I go back to my routine of getting our lunch dabbas ready, my heart begging for that one chance to prove myself !
"mom-in-law..one chance..I need one chance to prove myself.."

And that chance came. My hardwork and alertness paid off ! I made  pav bhaji..beans curry..bagara baingan..zeera rice ( :D) .. cauli-flower curry..and sambar ..and uthapam on different days. And thank god they dint hate it !

I am happy the way my married life is shaping up.My in-laws and sush have been very supportive. They give me a chance to do things my way.They have been good enough to eat what I made and they dint banish me from the kitchen !Sush has been good enough to call me up in lunch to give feedback on the curry I made.It has been positive so far *wink*

After over 1 month of the marital voyage, I am still on board !

2 comments:

  1. WOW you learnt many things. I will visit you place once to check if its correct or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..sure! you are welcome madam :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...