Thursday, April 6, 2017

E - Elated #AtoZChallenge



"Three more days to go, right mummy?"

"Yes dear. Now close your eyes. When you wake up tomorrow, it will only be two days."

"Yay! I cant wait!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They are going to stay for how many days mummy?"

"Seven days dear."

"Seven days!!! That is more, right mummy!!??"

"Yes, that is a lot. Now off you go and drink your milk."

"Just one day left, right ?!! They are coming tomorrow, right mummy??!!"

"Yes."

"Are they coming at night??"

"Hmmm. Yes."

"Can I wait up? I don't want to be asleep when they come. Please mummy?"

"Okay. Now zip your mouth, and finish your milk. No more questions. Mummy is busy."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sashiiii, mummy said the flight landed!! Lets go down!!"

"Harshaaaa, it will be an hour before they arrive here. Don't be silly!! "

"Okay. I will keep a watch at the window. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A car pulled into their drive-way.

There was a squeal followed by thundering footsteps.

"Hiiiii my pumpkin!!!"

"Chinna mamaaaa!! Athaaa!! "

"You smell the same, athaaaaa", Harsha declared, as we melted into each others' embrace.



PS: Athaa is aunt and mama is uncle in Indian language

5 comments:

  1. Such an endearing post... i remember that even my mother used to make me drink milk, swallow that papaya while answering my curious questions.. i used to be so excited to meet relatives and especially cousins who pampered me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too real to be believable! going great with your A To Z. Baba

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really felt their joy and excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. During my childhood, I'd be similarly excited about my cousins coming over. Could relate to every word in your nice little story.

    Cheers,
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...