Sunday, July 10, 2011

So many Firsts at a time !

It finally happened . I am in Florida. And I am bombarded with questions like "How do you feel !!?? "  "How do you like America ??!! "  Everybody else is more excited than me .And I dunno why nothing is stirring me up .. I mean , i am taking it just like a trip to a neighbouring place !

It was the first time I actually went inside an airport... first time I shopped for soo many items for myself ..first time I got into a flight... the first time to take off and land .. to see the clouds float .. be dangeroulsy flying so many miles above the earth... the first time to be in the midst of differently colored people.. first time to stay away from my parents.. first time to travel alone for almost 26hrs... so many firsts..but i felt not much exhilaration..not much of an excitement... no idea  why.

Maybe its the movies to blame.I 've seen airports so many times.. foreign places ..foreign ppl ...in movies I mean :P Maybe I lived every scene that they showed that I felt nothing new when I was actually,really in the moment ... Ridiculous ?! I know..

Hey ya ! There was another first here ! And it sure pumped up my adrenaline ! On my way to Ft.Lauderdale from New york, I was seated at the window and was waiting for the next two places beside me to get occupied ( in the flight). A little later..2 guys came up.. and I was like wow ! They looked cool..americans.. and i m sure I blushed a little . (exaggeration). The next moment I saw them holding hands.... and stroking each other !!

Wow ! My first encounter..with gays ! Man ! I saw them in the movies too..but this sure made me sit up and observe all the way !
(For all those who are looking more..No, they dint do anything more than just stroking.. disappointed? Me too ..! )

My first dinner here : Had at Denny's .dont recall  the name of what I had.
My first breakfast    : peas masala, bread and bambino ( Courtesy : my colleague)
My first lunch          :  I was starving but dint have the energy to cook. Had bread and egg.
My first dinner        :  Maggi !! How i luv it !

My first proof of dumbness  :

I had to interact with the managers out here ,Vinodh and Harish , daily when I was in India. Vinodh sounded cheerful and Harish a little serious.Around 4 people came to pick me up.One of them introduced himself as Harish. And I thought how wrongly I pictured him.I thought he was serious..but he is cheerful as well.Well phones can be deceptive. That's what I thought.Cynthia and VK were client advisors.Thats what I was told.

And the next day, somebody else came up and introduced himself as Harish ! I was dumbfounded..I just stared and everybody laughed. It was Vinodh who had come to pick me up.Cynthia was his wife.VK was no client advisor but a CSC employee like me. And Harish was Harish.

I kept referring to Vinodh as Harish.. and everyelse too.They enacted their parts so well,I never got a doubt.

God ! I was so easily fooled.

My first  dunno wot:

I was advised not to sleep in the afternoon today.Their explanation was, If I slept all day,I would sleep all week .Due to the jetlag,it really was a herculean task. My eyes drooped and no matter what I did, I couldnt keep myslef awake.So I thought I would sleep for 10 min. And I slept.

Suddenly my phone rang.It was Sriraj .I said "Good morning !!"
He said "Oh! you slept !!"

It was still 8.30 PM.

So thats it.Sorry I couldnt make it short.

Time  to sleep finally !!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sampada first i was surprised to se this as i was not aware of this angle of having good writing skills ...second i loved the experience u had or ur team gave u to make ur trip memorable ...lastly simple and straight presentation...Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree.. sometimes the reality just doesnt sink in.. but some time later u will remember all your firsts and cherish them ..
    have a rocking time gal ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sari !! I am sure I will cherish this trip later as you said.Thats y penning down every good moment I had !

    thanks for dropping by !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...